Boards and New Statuses

Sheila Shah August 4, 2014

Hi - I'm using cloud. I created a new worflow status called Proposed. When a new issue is created, it defaults to the Proposed status (instead of planned). Approvers must approve the proposed issue before planning and dev can start. After it has been approved, the status updates to Planned. I'm in the planned mode of a board I created. I don't see any issues in the Proposed status displaying. I verified the statuses were mapped: I went to Work mode and added a new column called wish list, where the Proposed status is mapped to this Wishlist column. Any idea?? Ideally, in planned mode I want to see a separate section (below backlog) for all proposed issues. Is that possible??

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2014

IT sounds like you have not told it that "proposed" should be appearing in the right column, or that you have a board filter that is based on status and isn't including the issues.

Have a look at those two first.

Sheila Shah August 4, 2014

Thanks for quick response. On to my second question. Is it possiblefor me to create a separate section (called wishlist) on the Planned mode below backlog for all issues with status=proposed. Attached is a screenshot. The idea is that my manager wants to be able to view new issues created (proposed) and approve/deny them. He'd like to see a consolidated list on a board/dashboard and approve/deny them there. Not sure if that's possible. f you have another alternatives, we are open.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2014

No, that's not really what sprint planning is for. It would be better to move the approvals into the workflow and then build your board with either a pair of initial columns (new and approved) or change your board filter so that it doesn't have the unapproved issues in it.

I'd lean towards the second, because you can keep it really simple - create a filter for "not approved" stick it on dashboards for your manager and then create a Kanban board for them to approve/deny stuff before your development teams get to planning!

The planning board is about prioritising, not deciding whether something should be done.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2014

Good explanation of the tools Nic!

Sheila Shah August 5, 2014

Thanks!

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2014
Sheila you should click the Answered button on Nics answer above. It's next to the upvote downvote buttons.

Suggest an answer