Board, connected to a Project, gets lost Edited

I have a Project, with 5 boards beneath it. I can see the boards, and browse to them. Every now and then, and at least once a day, one of the boards goes missing from the Project.

When I go to the Boards > View All Boards, I can find my board, but when I browse to it, it no longer has the project navigation on the left, and only has 3 navigation icons, although there should be 7 as a Scrum board.

From the Boards area, I am able to "move" the board back to the project, and when the modal window comes up, it shows the project it is associated with as my project, but I still select the project again from the drop down and click set location.  Then the board is visible as a navigation under the project again.... for a time.

I have done this now about 10-12 times this week already.

Btw, I am the Admin for the Project and the Board.

Any help or insight would be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Vance

New Information:

To add more information, the Board that I was referring to in the first post is now staying attached to the Project now.  However, a different board is now getting disconnected.

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes

Hello Vance! How are you?

I have a few questions to clarify better your issue:

1) Are you using Jira Cloud (On demand) or Jira Server? What version?

2) Is the same board happening to disassociate from the project every time?

3) Did this happen before? Did your instance had any changes that started this behaviour?

Please, check if the board filter is not referring to any inactive project and try reindexing your instance.

1. Cloud.

2. Same board every time.

3. Before what?  We were recently acquired and just started using Jira.  The project was created and I created the boards, and this has been happening for the past couple weeks.

Ok, the Board was not associated to an inactive project, but was associated to my project. But I disassociated it and re-applied the association again.  I thought was what I was doing whenever a did a Board Move any way.

As for re-indexing, how do I accomplish this?

Thanks

To add more information, the Board that I was referring to in the first post is now staying attached to the Project now.  However, a different board is now getting disconnected.

Thanks

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 16, 2018 in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

1,289 views 17 10
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you