Board - Summary - View (activity/statistic)

Lotte Balsner August 21, 2017

Working with Scrum Boards, I suddenly got a (very nice) 'Summary' page - where I could switch the view between 'Acticity' and 'Statistic' - unfortunately I did not make a copy of that screen and I have not been able to find it afterwards!!! Moreover, 'Summary' is not a part of the Board menu on the left.

It might be like a 'Calendar', which you can choose from the 'Project' gadget'. It is not possible to find it in any menu so far, but if you choose it from the gadget, it is shown within the board

Can anyone pls. help or clarify :-) 

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2017

Hi Lotte,

you can view this with the URL 

http://<your-jira-url>/projects/<projectkey>/summary

Or click on the project's name in the grey sidebar.

Lotte Balsner August 21, 2017

Perfect Thomas - it works - thank you so much 

1 vote
Zhuoqun December 14, 2017

Looks like they fixed it !

now the new ui have an orange badge on the Project icon like this: (<>)Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 10.24.10 AM.png

And that's the new entrance.

Bram Luyten December 15, 2017

hmm, I don't see that orange icon. Do you have to turn this on somewhere?

Zhuoqun December 20, 2017

I didn't remember anything like that, but I'm pretty sure there are multiple versions going on right now, they will merge one day.

0 votes
Bram Luyten September 15, 2017

Chiming in here ... I also didn't find the way to access the summary view anymore, other than typing the url manually.

Lotte Balsner September 19, 2017

Pls. see above

Bram Luyten September 20, 2017

That didn't work for me:

If the project is already active, clicking its name in the grey sidebar brings up the list of other recent projects.

When I switch to another project and then switch back, I get on the "Backlog" page, and not on the summary page.

Thanks for your feedback on this, but I still haven't found a way to click through to the summary page.

Bram Luyten September 20, 2017

Another observation: Switching projects in the grey sidebar seems to remember which page in the project you were on.

So if I manually type the summary link, then switch to a different project, and then switch back, I indeed get the summary page.

But if I'm on that backlog page, the only way of getting back to the summary page is to enter the link manually.

Also a note that maybe it's because we have activated one of those "boards", and the problem may not appear in projects that have no boards?

Zhuoqun September 21, 2017

I‘ve switched back from the new ui , and left a comment on this issue when it prompt for a reason. Hope Jira product team will fix this.

0 votes
Zhuoqun September 12, 2017

Hi there, I was sent here by search engine.

Jira is undertaking a huge UI overhual, and some of my colleagues were A/B tested into the new version, where a click in the grey side bar opens a project list instead of the summary view.

Although http://<your-jira-url>/projects/<projectkey>/summary still works, and it's overhauled as well, we cannot find an entrance on the UI anymore.  

Thus the question, do you know how we can access summary view, apart from entering that specific url?

Thanks.

Attached a snapshot of the new ui.

snapshot of new ui.png

Lotte Balsner September 19, 2017

Sorry to say - but it's still working in my end without using the url

Zhuoqun September 21, 2017

Thanks for the reply, seems we'll have to bear with only url for now.

Suggest an answer