Board Filter not showing issues with and specific Epic Link

Bernardo San Juan October 27, 2015

Hi,

I have a Kanban board configured with a very basic filter (Show issues in an specific project that are not resolved or the resolution date is not alder than 2 weeks):

project = "Company Tools" AND (resolution = EMPTY OR resolution != EMPTY AND resolutiondate > -14d) ORDER BY Rank ASC

However, I have a little problem. I have  another project different than "ePages Tools" project, in which I have created and epic and discomposed this epic into different issues  that are spread across different projects. The epic is created in one project named "XYZ", then I create issues in project "Company Tools" and link this issues to "Epic Link" field to the epic that is created on the "XYZ". This epic has issues in a couple of different project.

So what I am trying to do, is that the issues on the project "Company Tools" that are linked (by using "Epic Link" field) to the epic living (created on a different project than "Company Tools") in the project "XYZ" are shown on the board with the above board filter. But they do not show unless I clear the epic link field. 

Why is that?

Cheers

1 answer

0 votes
Bernardo San Juan October 27, 2015

The funny thing is that when I use the  filter: 

project = "Company Tools" AND (resolution = EMPTY OR resolution != EMPTY AND resolutiondate > -14d) ORDER BY Rank ASC

In the search for issues interface it shows the all the issues, including those with the "epic link" field that refers to an epic existing on another project. But the board with the same filter will not show them...

Strange sad 

Suggest an answer