Board Admins

Mary Wilson February 24, 2014

Another admin question. I'm at a loss. My user is listed as the admin of her board. However the only way I can grant her access to configure the board is to give her jira-administrator access. That does not seem right to me.

1 answer

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2014

This is because that user does not have browse users permission to browse that project. However moment you give her jira-admin access he gets access to board because jira-admin group must be included in the browse user permission scheme associated with that project.

To fix this issue, check the permission scheme of the project, check which stakeholders (groups/projects roles) have browse users permission and make that user a member of that group/project role.

Hope this is clear.

See this link

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AGILE/Configuring+a+Board

In the link it is mentioned -

Note, the suggested user list will not display if you don't have the Browse Users permission. However, you can still enter the usernames and group names manually.

Suggest an answer