Blank page instead of issue page on customer portal when simultaneously several issues being loaded

Denis Tsybulin January 21, 2019

Good day!

We use JIRA 7.2.7 and service desk 3.2.7.

If users simultaneously trying to load issue pages on customer portal, then only one (last one) will be loaded.

For example, user_1 trying to load ticket JSD-1 and user_2 is trying to load ticket JSD-2. They are trying to load pages almost simultaneously, then only one who started loading a litle bit later will get expected result and another one will get blank page.

I tried to refresh several issues in different browser tabs and only last refreshed page loaded successfully in other tabs I get blank page.

In application logs, no errors, and there are no errors in console of browser (in dev mode).

This bug or something dissappear when I disable 3-rd party plugin "Extension for service desk" (current installed version is 5.3.5, but I check it with version 6.0.4 - had same results).

Any advices are welcome

Regards,
Denis

3 answers

0 votes
CARLISLE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2019

Think of it like a window to buy a ticket. If they only allow one window, then there is a long line. Your second instance has to have room for both users to buy the ticket at the same time. USER_1 has it's own window and USER_2 has it's own window instead of waiting in line for the one space to enter. It will save time in the long run and you can handle the capacity faster that way especially if you ever have USER_3 or USER_4 or USER_5,6,7!

0 votes
CARLISLE
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2019

You have to check the math on the table. Yes, it has to allow for more than 1 to enter (greater than 1). Check with your DBA team.

0 votes
CARLISLE
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 21, 2019

It is like two people trying to go through a door at once and they do not fit. The code rejects the second place runner and the first place runner gets the medal.

This error happens in SQL all the time. Too many instances trying to go through the DOOR at one time.

Thank you for answer @CARLISLE

Where should I check something? Should I check any database table, or something?

When I disable that plugin, there is no problems, when I trying to refresh several issues at one time

Suggest an answer