Blank dashboard when sharing a dashboard.

James Tyreman May 25, 2021

Hey Guys, 

New to JIRA and the community, hope you can help? 

I have created a simple dashboard to show user story progress. 

I have shared the dashboard and associated filters with everyone on my project. 

A team member can select the dashboard from the dashboard list. 

The dashboard loads but does not display any of the gadgets.

It's blank only showing the dashboard title.  

Thanks 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2021

Hi @James Tyreman -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Can other members of the team see the dashboard or is it blank for all team members except yourself?

When did you share the saved fitlers: before you added them to the gadgets or after adding them to the gadgets?  If it was after, please try to edit one of the gadgets, re-add the filter, save, and re-test the dashboard visibility.

Best regards,

Bill

James Tyreman May 25, 2021

Hey @Bill Sheboy  

I shared the filters after sharing the dashboard. 
Re configured my gadgets with the same filters worked!
Legend THANK YOU! 🎉

From now on I will share my filters before creating my dashboard, 

Thanks again 

James 

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2021

I am glad that helped, and...

Yup, the gadgets appear to do some duplication/re-storage of filter information and so updating them helps.  The gotcha for this is when people believe they are updating a saved filter and miss to also update the gadgets. 

Sadly there is no easy way to find those filter uses in a site to update the dependent gadgets.  Naming conventions for filters and dashboards can help mitigate that.  For example, "Filter for dashboard X to show Y", and used on "Dashboard X".

Like James Tyreman likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events