Bitbucket connectivity to two Jira instances

Neil Hunt April 15, 2013

Hi, I have my Bitbucket git account linked to two Jira instances. For one, it picks up the issues and displays the standard commit tab in Jira with appropriate links to the change. For the other (call it Jira 2), it does not do this. When I sync the repositority on Jira 2, it sees the changeset and Issues found - that is, if I do a commit with a Jira 2 issue mentioned in the commit, then do a sync of that git repository in Jira 2, it increments the Issues Found, so I know it is recognizing the Jira issue in the commit. However, there is still no commit tab for that issue in Jira 2 no matter how many times I mention the issue. Again, if I mention a Jira 1 issue, it immediately displays the commit message after a sync. I have verified the same email address is used in both Jira instances as well as both git repository commits.

Any idea what the problem is here?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Marlon Aguiar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 15, 2013

Hello Neil,

This could be because a lack of the View Issue Source Tab permission (also called 'View Version Control' in previous versions of JIRA) on the Permission Scheme configured for your project, if users don't have that permission they wont be able to see the Commits tab.

It could be also caused by a problem on the DVCS Connector Plugin, installing the latest version could solve the problem: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.jira.plugins.jira-bitbucket-connector-plugin

Hope this information helps!

Regards,
Marlon Aguiar

Neil Hunt April 16, 2013

Thanks Marlon, the permissions was the problem! Apparently the commits were completing as expected all along, I just couldn't see them.

Suggest an answer