Bitbucket account, how to purchase JIRA

Pratyush Kumar April 16, 2013

Hi

I already have a Bitbucket paid account. I now wanted to try out the trial phase for Jira + Greenhopper. However I am just not able to purchase the same through the same account.

Please advice.

10 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pratyush Kumar April 24, 2013
0 votes
Abdulrazaq Mohammed Ali Omar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2013

Sorry for the confusion, allow me to explain how this works a bit clearer: If you have an 'only Bitbucket' account, you aren't currently able to add JIRA or anything else to it. Instead, you'll need to 'sign-up' for a new OnDemand account. When you do, we'll create a new, connected, Bitbucket account with your OnDemand JIRA. Once JIRA comes up, you'll be able to migrate your existing repositories over to this new account. We know this process isn't ideal, and are working to improve it. If this process continues to cause you troubles, please don't hesitate to contact sales@atlassian.com for help getting it all straightened out.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 17, 2013

What happens when you go to https://my.atlassian.com/ondemand/signup/jira it should prompt you to buy JIRA or Confluence or any other products. If this still is a problem for you, I'd suggest contacting our sales team at sales@atlassian.com

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2013

You just need to use the "Configure" Link to add/remove applications then. Hope this helps.

0 votes
Pratyush Kumar April 17, 2013

The configure link just allows me to change the number of users. How can i send you a snap shot to show the issue.

0 votes

But I am already Signed in, so why do i need to sign up. Also when I try to sign up it does not accept the same email id and I have to use another email id.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 17, 2013

When you go to https://my.atlassian.com/product you can buy a whole bundle of applications including BitBucket, if you do not want bitbucket (since you already have it), you just need to sign up for JIRA+Confluence.

0 votes

Hi Razaq

When I visit https://my.atlassian.com/product I do see the Bitbucket product license. Now from here I want to purchase Jira + Greenhopper.

In order to do that, I clicked the Buy link, then selected Jira (Add to cart). In the next page I select On Demand. Now at this page it asks me to Sign Up or use the "Configure" link in the Licenses Page.

I do not want to sign up, as I am already signed up/signed in.

When I visit the Licenses Page, there is a "Configure" Link in the Bitbucket product section. When I click that it gives me the option to only change the product Bitbucket. I do not see any other option to purchsae Jira/Greenhopper.

Please advice.

0 votes

When I visit https://my.atlassian.com/product I do see the Bitbucket product license. Now from here I want to purchase Jira + Greenhopper.

In order to do that, I clicked the Buy link, then selected Jira (Add to cart). In the next page I select On Demand. Now at this page it asks me to Sign Up or use the "Configure" link in the Licenses Page.

I do not want to sign up, as I am already signed up/signed in.

When I visit the Licenses Page, there is a "Configure" Link in the Bitbucket product section. When I click that it gives me the option to only change the product Bitbucket. I do not see any other option to purchsae Jira/Greenhopper.

Please advice.

0 votes
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 16, 2013

If you subscribed to your BitBucket account from bitbucket.org then you won't be able to purchase JIRA or other products from the same place as it's not included there. Alternatively, you can go to my.atlassian.com and subscribe to JIRA+Confluence and BitBucket from there as well. Or if you still prefer to use your current BitBucket account, you can just subscribe to JIRA+Confluence and connect it to your BitBucket account following this doc.

The difference will be in the billing, as it will be separate in the second scenario. Hope this works for you.

Suggest an answer