BitBucket repo does not appear in Jira project

watson boyett October 10, 2014

I have a JIRA OnDemand account that I have linked with my BitBucket account. When I make changes to a Git repo and push it to BitBucket, the issue linking to JIRA appears to work (i.e. it creates a smart link to the given issue ID). Likewise, JIRA shows status updates on the main project page when code commits contain an issue ID. However, the "Commits" and "Source" tabs are not available in the JIRA issue that was linked from the commit. Similarly, JIRA does not appear to let me link projects with specific BitBucket repositories (so I don't see any of the Development Tools on the main JIRA project page).

In a JIRA Project, under the Administration > Development Tools tab, the "Connected Developer Tools" shows a generic "BitBucket" name and "bitbucket.org" URL. When I try to connect my BitBucket account, it claims that it has already been added.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
AgentSmith
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2014

Just to recap recent changes for those that are unaware, the commit and source tabs have been deprecated, replaced by the Development Tools section on the right hand side.

It wasn't clear from the description, it sounds like you might not have the permission to View Development Tools for the project permission scheme in question.

Also, in terms of linking, that usually entails the application navigator for convenience when switching between your cloud instance the Bitbucket account but mainly its the DVCS connection thats the focus as it handles the syncing. In other words, the linkage is not at the project level. 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/Linking+Bitbucket+and+GitHub+accounts+to+JIRA 

watson boyett October 15, 2014

Thank you for the clarification. I wasn't aware that those tabs have been deprecated. I was also expecting to see a Development Tools panel on the Project Overview page; but as you pointed out, it only appears on each issue page.

Suggest an answer