BitBucket does not launch when installed in the same Server as Jira

datasecmx October 4, 2017

When I try to run the Bitbucket launcher I get following error:

Exception in thread "main" BindHttpException[Failed to bind to [7992]]; nested: ChannelException[Failed to bind to: /0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1%lo:7992]; nested: BindException[Address already in use];

Likely root cause: java.net.BindException: Address already in use

at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind0(Native Method)

at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:433)

at sun.nio.ch.Net.bind(Net.java:425)

at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketChannelImpl.bind(ServerSocketChannelImpl.java:223)

at sun.nio.ch.ServerSocketAdaptor.bind(ServerSocketAdaptor.java:74)

at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioServerBoss$RegisterTask.run(NioServerBoss.java:193)

at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioSelector.processTaskQueue(AbstractNioSelector.java:391)

at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.AbstractNioSelector.run(AbstractNioSelector.java:315)

at org.jboss.netty.channel.socket.nio.NioServerBoss.run(NioServerBoss.java:42)

at org.jboss.netty.util.ThreadRenamingRunnable.run(ThreadRenamingRunnable.java:108)

at org.jboss.netty.util.internal.DeadLockProofWorker$1.run(DeadLockProofWorker.java:42)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Refer to the log for complete error details.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2017

Hi! 

"ChannelException[Failed to bind to: /0:0:0:0:0:0:0:1%lo:7992]; nested: BindException[Address already in use];" 

just check which soft used this port. for check you can use like this command: 

netstat -anpt | grep 7992

2. review your bitbucket.properties

If you need to change ports just use this doc

https://confluence.atlassian.com/bitbucketserver/bitbucket-server-config-properties-776640155.html

Cheers, 

Gonchik Tsymzhitov

0 votes
datasecmx October 4, 2017

My system is:
CentOS 7 x64, 9GB RAM, 200GB hard disk.
Jira Software 7.5 x64.
I tried installing Bitbucket 5.4 but unable to make it run while Jira Software is running.

Any advice?

Suggest an answer