Billing hours report on JIRA projects

Marie-Claude Lafrance May 21, 2014

Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible to create a report that shows billing hours only by project (and not by issues) by day and by person. Example :

Project #203

2014/05/22 - Marie - 4 hours (billable)

2014/05/23 - Marie - 2 hours

2014/05/23 - John - 5 hours

Project # 155

2014/05/22 - Marie - 2 hours

Etc.

Actually, I am only able to create reports with all the issues that have been worked wich is not necessary and generate a excessive report.

In our case, we want to generate a report for all the billable hours of every project for a 2 months period. Considering that a lot of issues will have worked hours and that we have a lot of projects, it's not very useful to have that much information. We want to summarize the information like shown above. Is it possible directly in Tempo without having to do manipulations in Excel ?

Thank you,

3 answers

1 vote
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2014

Hi Marie-Claude,

It is not possible to create a report exactly as you describe without exporting and pivoting the information. You can limit the information visible in a report by going to the Report view of a Project timesheet -> Export, Printable. If you are using Tempo Timesheet 7.9 or later, you can change the detail of the report using the "Rows" dropdown. (see also https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO/Report+View section 4 in the table, the same dropdown is available in "Printable")

When you start using the Account feature in Tempo Timesheets, you will need to connect the ssues within a Project to the Account. You can do this by bulk editing the Issues (create a Jira filter based on the Project and then bulk edit them to include the Account in the custom field). The Account timesheet will also not give you a report sorted by user and date. The Timesheet is similar to the Project Timesheet.

If you are still receiving an error (after editing the Issues), please create an Issue in our Tempo support project (https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/JTS). Any added information to help us solve this pdf export problem is appreciated.

Kind regards,

Susanne

0 votes
February 10, 2015

I didn't see a definitive reply on this topic… right?

0 votes
Marie-Claude Lafrance May 21, 2014

Maybe creating an Account with all our billable projects could be a good way. But, when I assign the billable projects to an account, the hours worked in the project doesn't appear in the report. It seems to have to have no connections between the issues in the project and the account ?

Plus, I am not able to export my Account Report to PDF right now. It says that there's an error and the following link appears : /secure/BrowseAccounts.jspa

Suggest an answer