BigPicture subtask turned back to old parten after sync

Michael Habermann August 23, 2016

Hi,

when I change the parent of an subtask withe BigPicture and re-sync the programm the subtask turned back to his old parent.

I hope someone can help me with this problem.

Thanks

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Habermann August 24, 2016

image2016-8-24 12:29:16.png

thats my configuration for the Programm.

It is possible that if I change the parent in BigPicture the parent in JIRA change to?

Matthew Jagiello
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2016

Can't see too clearly, but I think it's subtasks and project structure synchronizers, In this case dragging a task to a different subtask/project will indeed be reversed after resync.

I hope I understand correctly. If I want to move a subtask to another task (parent), I have to use the JIRA menu "Move" and the "Change parent".

Is this right?

Matthew Jagiello
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2016

Exactly, and then after re-syncing the task will appear under the new parent. If you just drag and drop the subtask on Gantt, the change will be undone by the synchronizer.

Thanks for the information.

My last question.

Is it possible to allow this also with Gantt? Who shall I talk to?

Matthew Jagiello
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 24, 2016

If you disable all WBS synchronizers, then the drag-and-drop structure you make will persist after resyncs. The changes will not update the project/Epic/etc in JIRA, but will be saved on the Gantt.

Too bad that it is not possible in Gantt . It would simplify the work considerably.

But thanks for your help.

Matthew Jagiello
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 24, 2016

Agree that this would make life much easier, hence why this is already planned for implementation: https://softwareplant.com/jira/browse/GANTT-120

0 votes
Matthew Jagiello
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 23, 2016

Hi,

Could you go to the configuration of this Program->Synchronization->WBS section and check if any which ones are active? This automatic hierarchy builder overwrites manual indentations, which could explain the issue.

Suggest an answer