BigPicture - change sprint

JosephF January 3, 2017

Sorry for the noob question, search didn't find this topic.

Created a sandbox environent to try out a few things.

When I move a Story from one cadence to another (since I'm in the same Team, it is moving from one sprint to another), I get the red alert saying that the Task End Exceeds the Cadence.

If I 'Fix' it, it just moves the Story back to the original sprint.  How do I actually change the sprint if I want to?

Thanks

Capture.PNG

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dastin_Kuwałek__SoftwarePlant_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 4, 2017

Hi Joseph.

Roadmap module in BigPicture is like a "Dependency board". It can show you if tasks are not aligned with the Gantt.

The Roadmap is a point of view which is a level higher than Gantt because on Gantt you see start/end dates, dependencies (optionally current assignee) and the Roadmap gives you an additional dimension, which is Teams. This way you can easily say that task A, will be done by team B in cadence C and at the same time Roadmap will tell show you if it is dependent/depends on other tasks or if it is correct according to plans made earlier on the Gantt.

So when viewing the Roadmap, you can easily say that task A, will be done by team B in cadence C and if it is dependent/depends on task D. All this in a context of the initial plans made on the Gantt.

All the best!

0 votes
JosephF January 4, 2017

I understand what the error means, but what if a user wants to actually move a story to a new cadence?  Can that be done in BigPicture or is BigPicture more of a viewer rather than an editor?

0 votes
Marek Lewandowski January 4, 2017

Hi,

The calendar icon informs you that the start and end date of the task exceeds the cadence.

When you click this icon the issue is moved to the actual position on the Gantt chart. 

For now, you can show cadences (view>show>Cadences) on the Gantt chart (they will be marked with different colors on the timeline) and move the issues to the appropriate cadence. This is because there is a gap between Agile (Roadmap) and waterfall (Gantt)

We will implement and option to disable the notification soon! 

Feel free to contact us if you need any further information.

JosephF January 4, 2017

x

JosephF January 4, 2017

I never looked at the Gantt view before.  Seems like there are some start/end dates on the Stories and when I move the Story from one cadence to another it violates some gantt dates.

Is there a way to have the Gantt dates get set by the currently assigned cadence/sprint?

Marek Lewandowski January 5, 2017

At this moment no but further integration is coming soon!

Suggest an answer