BigPicture: can I turn an artificial task into a jira task?

Consulente Atlassian September 5, 2018

can I turn an artificial task into a jira task?

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Lauren Schroeder
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2018

You can't turn an artificial task into a JIRA task, but you can create 'JIRA tasks' through BigPicture that will also be reflected in JIRA, and use them to replace your artificial tasks.

Consulente Atlassian September 6, 2018

I thank you for your reply, I think a feature added to bigpicture to turn artificial tasks into jira tasks would be much appreciated by novice users

Like # people like this
2 votes
vrdobrov September 13, 2018

I wish they added that feature. Usually, when you work on a program break down you come up with some sort of draft list of tasks. Sometimes without knowing which team will take it. Converting artificial tasks into Jira task would be a super cool feature. As well as an option to assign people to artificial task. 

Consulente Atlassian September 15, 2018

Exactly I agree with you and I think that if someone from softwareplant is reading us he has taken the suggestion. 

Like Anna-BigPicture likes this
Vlad Dobrov September 17, 2018

I got a reply from Softwareplant. They have it in their backlog. Eventually it will be implemented. 

Like # people like this
Harold Price March 25, 2021

Going on 2 1/2 years now. Is there any news from software plant on this item?

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 26, 2021

Hi, 

We do understand the need for implementing the functionality of converting basic tasks into Jira tasks. However, due to a number of feature requests, we had to postpone this one. The good news is that we plan to start development works in 2H 2021. Thank you for understanding.

You can follow the functionality development works in the feature request ticket ONE-6347. Please note that it is best to open it in the incognito tab of your browser.

Harold Price March 26, 2021

Thanks for the response. Looking forward to it..

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
March 29, 2021

Hi @Harold Price

I am glad that I could provide you this information.
Please note, that the ticket's status is always up to date and inform about the current phase of works.
If you have more detailed questions, please let me know.

AlexanderT October 13, 2021

just in case "an option to assign people to artificial task" is already implemented - one can use Resource view and drag&drop basic (ex-artificial) tasks to an assignee.

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
October 14, 2021
That's right @AlexanderT
Basic tasks can be assigned to users in the Resources module, by drag-and-drop mechanism. The built-in assignee field will display the assignment in other modules.
image - 2021-10-14T155449.715.png

Moreover, with the BigPicture Enterprise feature, in "Manual" workload contouring mode you can assign workload to basic tasks. It will be accounted for in general capacity calculation in the same manner as all other tasks. 
0 votes
Consulente Atlassian September 5, 2018

Suggest an answer