BigPicture automatic End Date

Matúš Klaudíny January 14, 2019

Hi,

In my program i have my task configuration set to use Start date (Start Date) and  Original Estimate as (duration / estimation of the task). However, I cannot find a nice solution to automatically prolong or shorten the end date without doing that manually. 

Is there any other way how to make this happen natively other than calculate the field via scriptrunner?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tomek-SoftwarePlant
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2019

Hi @Matúš Klaudíny

With your mapping End date field's value won't get calculated automatically so, you'll be forced to edit that date manually each time you change Original estimate of a task. 

As far as BigPicture's built-in options are concerned, there is nothing you could do to make it work as you expect. Perhaps the guys of Adaptavist would help you create a scripted field that would somehow calculate the above. 

Best,
Tomek

Matúš Klaudíny January 15, 2019

Yes, am in a progress of scripting that field value out. However i am struggling to left out the weekend days from the calculation, since originalEstimate is just a type

long

with seconds in it. 

Like Ansar Rezaei likes this
Jessica Levitan May 2, 2019

Hi @Matúš Klaudíny, I am also trying to find a solution for this exact scenario. Did you manage to solve this by calculating the field via scriptrunner?  

Gregory Tutt January 21, 2020

Hello,

Same here... ideally the project management tool should compute all the end-dates ideally based on resource availability and estimates.

Cheers

Like Nicolas SARRABAYROUSE likes this
Patrice Sarrasin January 31, 2020

Is this feature currently in the pipeline? Would resolve a lot of my problem to plan the ressource correctly.

Like Stine Søndergaard likes this
jade_santosmaia March 3, 2020

Likewise! Some sort of auto-scheduling would definitely make a world's difference.

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer