Big Picture - Tasks and Subtasks directly from Jira

Geetha October 2, 2017

Hi,

I have the following situation.

Project ABC - That has 4 requirements in the form of issues

Project PQR - Has lets say 20 issues and each of these issues use issue link 'relates to' one of the requirements in 'ABC'.

I am trying to create a Big Picture project so I can get the entire structure into the project where ABC is shown as main Task and PQR shown as 'Subtask' , is that possible.image.png

2 answers

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 2, 2017

Are you bringing both projects into the Program in big picture?  If you are then you should see all of the issues listed on the left.  You can then structure and link the issues appropriately in the gantt chart.  You can use the arrows at the top to structure the issues in a meaningful way.  click on the PQR issue you would like move under the ABC issue then shift it over.  It will then show on the gantt as an issue under the the other issue.  It is not a task sub-task like in JIRA but a parent / child relationship on the gantt.  This critical path will now show on the issue as well.

Geetha October 3, 2017

Thanks . As both are JIRA issues (PQR and ABC)  and are already linked through issue in linkedissues, can I get that automatically.

issus in linkedissues(ABC REQ1) = PQR Issue1,2,5 etc  for example.  Instead of manual linking I am looking forward for auto linking that way I dont have to keep track of newly added things for example uner PQR

Like Лилия likes this
0 votes
Geetha October 16, 2017

Finally by using the  synchronization tab and using jira link sync I am able to get this done. Project B items are showing up as sub tasks of Project A items.

Just one problem, I want to consider Project A as a parent to Project B . 

Dont know if I can do it .  Because Project B is linked to Project A using issue in linkedissues form, sometimes Project B items show up as parent to Project A items , then I will have to manually indent. This is not a good option because the change is only temporary. 

Dinesh September 6, 2018

Hi, 

We have a Project A,  In that I am trying to get all project issue types linked with its subtask issue types in Big picture Gant chart. Please provide steps for this requirement if you have idea on this.

Suggest an answer