Best way to import JIRA Agile and JIRA Service Desk projects from seperate Jira Cloud instances

We are in the process of merging projects from two instances of JIRA cloud.  Unfortunately the projects we care about are JIRA Agile and JIRA Service Desk projects, so we can't do a project import or merge (unless someone can point me to how this can be done).  What this means is that we need to import users, groups, workflows, etc from one to the other.  Does anyone have any suggestion on how to go about doing this? 

2 answers

0 votes

I am afraid you will have to do some scripting for one of the instances. There is no ready made solution for it.

We have done this for some customers and it is a bit more complicated than it appears. Especially because if the changes in ids in the target environment.

0 votes

Hello Dennis, 

Unfortunately there is no easy way to merge separate cloud instances together.  There is a Feature Request (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-40464) to add the ability to perform Project Imports within the Cloud. 

Since Project Import does not exist in the cloud, you will need to leverage 2 Behind the Firewall Servers to clone your Cloud Instances to.  In a nutshell, once you have your BTF 'Clones,' you would be able to Project Import one of the BTF Servers to the Other.  Once consolidated, you could then export the BTF Server back to the Cloud. 

Detailed steps can be found at: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/CLOUDKB/How+to+Merge+Two+JIRA+Cloud+Instances

-shawn

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,772 views 18 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you