Best practices Jira, Stash, bamboo and Fisheye integration

Hi,

I am not currently using LDAP or AD for user management, each application is using internal user management and it's own database(postgresql), should I set  bamboo, stash and fisheye to use JIRA as a User Directory or should I keep them separate? Should I use a single account for application links with JIRA, Stash , Bamboo and FishEye?

I am confused: Do I have to setup JIRA as a User Directory in order to link the applications? I guess the documentations says you do. I am trying to nest groups in JIRA I enabled nested groups but on the add users to groups screen I don't see any merge groups option, groups and users setup is so confusing.

Regards,

Chad

2 answers

I wish Atlassian had a best practice guide for this with example groups and users to use as a guide.

for User management  you can atlassian "Crowd"

Crowd is Identity Management Tool....

for this u take Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Apr 17, 2018 in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

771 views 2 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you