Best approach for a multi-client service desk using JIRA SD

Jervis Padua June 29, 2016

Below is our current setup.

One SD tool.

One Customer Portal.

Multiple clients that can have multiple projects.

What I am thinking is with JIRA SD, is it better to create one SD instance per client or just one for everyone.

We need to make sure that end users can only view their tickets and/or tickets for the same client when using the portal. (This is currently how our current tool does it)

The main reason why we are considering JIRA SD is because we already use JIRA so it will be easier to link issues directly.

When I look at the option of multiple SD instances, it becomes messy at there will be multiple queues and we don't want agents having to go thru each instance just to check if there are new or updated tickets.

3 answers

0 votes
Deleted user August 23, 2016

Thank you very much for your quick response! 

0 votes
Jervis Padua August 23, 2016

We decided not to go ahead with JIRA SD. We would have loved the integration with JIRA Core as that is what we already use, but the drawbacks was too much of a risk. We may look at it again in the future when it is mature enough and ready for a multi tenanted setup out of the box.The ability for users of the same company being able to see other tickets and also the search function being more difficult as it should e.g. case sensitive was enough for us to look at other products.

0 votes
Deleted user August 23, 2016

Did you get an answer to this or decide on a direction? I'm currently in the same situation and was planning to do the same as you, however, I'm seeing similar drawbacks (no "master queue" for agents, need to configure each SD separately, etc.).  

I was also hoping to be able to have Service Desk agents create link SD requests to issues on our JIRA Software board and have them auto update comments/statuses.  

I'm curious to know what you've done as it seems we are looking for the same solution. 

Suggest an answer