Best Practice: Project with kanban board to manage projects

eric_gorr September 24, 2015

In my environment there could be one more projects. Let's define a Project (P) to be something with it's own space in confluence.  Each P may be made up of one or more git repos in Bitbucket Server organized in a Bitbucket Server Project (BSP) with the name of P.

In JIRA, the thought that that each git repo would have a corresponding JIRA Project (JP) and each JP would be in a JIRA project category with the name of P.

What I am wondering about is the best JIRA practice for managing the various P's and this is where my thinking gets the most fuzzy. The most natural way in my environment would be to use a kanban board which has various stages that the P would go through before completion.  So, would I have a separate JP whose issues corresponding to Ps - let's call this this Project JIRA Project (PJP)? How would I or could I then set it up so each PJP issue would link to it's P and possibly link to all of the git repo's within P?

I am hoping this is clear and that there are existing well defined thoughts on how to manage this situation.

1 answer

0 votes
Joey Spooner February 18, 2016

Are you talking about a roll up of projects into a single Kanban board or a combination of Bitbucket and JIRA Projects into a Kanban board? What's your goal?

Suggest an answer