Best JIRA configuration for multiple platform projects?

David Allen July 21, 2012

I've used JIRA for years now, but for the first time I have to manage projects which are multi-platform (mainly Mobile - i.e. Android, iOS, Server, etc). I'm finding out with OnDemand we cannot assign a default assignee based on Platform (which was a custom built field). Instead it looks as if we have to use Components. The issue is using Components to define platform really circumvents the differenciating nature between platform and component (i.e. the Android platform bug can be a part of the UI component). However, I see no other way than to create numerous components with a breakdown such as:

Client - Android - User Interface

Client - iOS - Authentication

Server - Authentication

etc, etc. While this should work just fine, I first wanted to determine if anyone had a better approach to achieving this level of managing such projects with the OnDemand system.

Thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
cdpatell June 16, 2016

Hi David, i am under the same dilemma right now. Can you share with us the approach that you went with and your learnings?

- Chintan

0 votes
Derek Lamport August 23, 2012

I don't think you can assign a default assignee based on a custom built field whether you host JIRA yourself or have it hosted OnDemand.

Derek

Suggest an answer