Behaviours script broken after upgrade and update

Lacey McDonnell June 1, 2015

Upgraded JIRA server instance from 5.0.4 to 5.1 this Sunday (yesterday). Mandatory update of Groovy (thereafter renamed Script Runner) to 2.1.15

Behaviours has script to select JIRA component relative to two custom field options. This script is no longer working, except for the error message line at bottom. The field on our issue info tab is no longer being populated at all, let alone as dependent upon the two custom fields.

Are the two plugins now fighting? Or is it due to the upgrade to 5.1? 

I can't seem to get a straight answer from anywhere or anyone. Atlassian just directed me to Jaime, and I have no idea if that's even the problem here. This is a show-stopping issue, so I really need answers. 

Advised via https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner#support Adaptavist runs Script Runner, and to submit support REQ through here.

1 answer

1 vote
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2015

Behaviours wasn't merged into Script Runner until 3.0, so you will still need both, as you are on a very old version of jira. If you use the latest compatible version of both you should be fine.

@Jamie Echlin (Adaptavist) Reference https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/browse/GRV-728 as well as original issue https://support.atlassian.com/servicedesk/customer/portal/22/JSP-233741 It definitely is not fine, unfortunately... We have ScriptRunner 2.1.15 and Behaviours 0.5.3 The dropdowns are not tying to the Components field as specified within the previously operational script. Same with the behavior of the Root SR field script. See GRV-728 please!

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2015

Did Atlassian not tell you that jira 5.1 is out of support? Are there any errors in your log file?

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2015

I don't understand why you upgraded to such an old version... it's extremely hard to imagine what might be the problem with a version that's 2.5 years old. But please have a look what's in your log file.

@Jamie Echlin (Adaptavist) They did mention that JIRA 5.1 is EOL. I will pull the log file as indicated... We upgraded to an old version from 5.0.4 due to having integration with NetSuite. I was under the impression that older versions of JIRA would not be able to have this integration with NetSuite.

Lacey McDonnell June 2, 2015

I have the log file - would you like me to attach it to the GRV issue?

Suggest an answer