Behaviours plugin not checking validators in the 'Create' transition?

Yossi Zinger June 26, 2012

Hi,

I have a set of fields that are required only when creating an issue, so I used the JIRA Suit Utilities to add the appropriate Field Required validator in the 'create' transition. Then I added a behavior based on this exaplanation.

However, the fields are still not marked with a red asterik when creating a new issue (although the validators work). In any other transition, the asterik appears where the Field Required validator is defined.

Before I submit an issue about it, I want to know if anyone else has encountered it. Maybe I'm just missing something here?

I'm using JIRA v5.0.5 with Behaviours Plugin v0.5.0.

Thanks!

Yossi

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 28, 2012

Hi, I think the best way to do this for the create screen is to not use JIRA Suite Utilities with Behaviours plugin. Those plugins are good for the other screens.

For the create screen, I generally use field configurations and mark them as required. This will give the red asterisks. It is an out of the box function.

Suggest an answer