Behaviours plugin: losing required asterisks despite validating requiredness

Ashton Treadway January 28, 2013

I have a workflow transition where a customer fills in several fields and submits it. Three of the fields are marked as required in the field configuration scheme, and pass through a scripted validation on the transition.

Any behaviour that checks requiredness seems to make the red asterisks disappear; whether it's simply a global behaviour that enables the two required checks, or a more targeted behaviour running against those fields.

Any ideas on what might be going on? I'm able to run other behaviours on the transition to hide certain fields, without losing the required asterisks, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with having more than one behaviour on the transition.

Still, like I said, as soon as I apply any kind of requiredness checking to either the transition as a whole or the fields specifically, I lose the red asterisks.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 31, 2013

Ashton, the red asterisks should disappear only when the field has a value. If the value is removed they should come back. Does that not happen?

This is not exactly the same behaviour as when using jira field configurations... I'll probably change it so that the asterisk stays even when the value is filled, to avoid confusion.

Ashton Treadway February 1, 2013

Jamie:

I didn't know that; because they're single select fields, they can't technically ever be "empty", which I would guess is why they're not getting asterisked. The one text field that I have is in fact doing this, which was making me nuts because I couldn't figure out why the asterisk was coming and going.

:D

For that reason, I totally support your plans to change it; it seem like (for my users at least) the expectation is that required fields always have asterisks.

Thanks for the explanation!

0 votes
Thiago Ribeiro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2013

Hello,

I have noticed that it is not just the loss of the red asterisks although it removes the requirement of the field.

The main problem is that this plugins has no support which kind of lock us with no hope for a fix. :(

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 31, 2013

The plugin does have support. It's marked as unsupported because "supported" denotes some sort of SLA, which you're only going to get if you pay for it.

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 13, 2013

Hey Jamie,

I can confirm that with version 5.0.3 all my required field validations for select fields are gone...

EDIT: Just saw that an issue exists in your JIRA...

https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/browse/JBHV-179

Suggest an answer