Behaviours Plugin - is it still supported?

Michael Voronkov September 5, 2013

Jamie,

I found bugs in Behaviour; there're also 124 open issues. Does this plugin gets support?

Thanks,

Michael

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Michael Voronkov September 15, 2013

thanks

2 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2013

I never gave any official guarantee of support for any of my plugins, they're all marked as unsupported.

Yes, it's still active, the plugin is still in use by me therefore will keep getting updated. If I haven't replied to a bug report you raised it's just because it's not my focus at the moment. It will become my focus in time.

PS there are 7.897 open issues on JIRA itself.

0 votes
Michael Voronkov September 6, 2013

Jamie, I logged a bug with all the necessary info:

JBHV-238 - Field remains required even if the condition for that is false

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2013

ok, i'll take a look

0 votes
Michael Voronkov September 5, 2013

Thank you! Did not mean to offend anyone, just don't want to commit to a plug-in that has no support.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2013

That's totally fair enough. But, if you want to ensure support you can either pay, or be prepared to do the work yourself. Also I don't / can't attempt to reproduce any problems found in any version other than the most recent.

If you have a simple use case then just use javascript...

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2013

yeah... there are always going to be bugs in the javascript side because of the nature of things... manipulating the dom is not a "supported api" so can change between minor versions.

I have a big plan that I want to use behaviours for so it might get some love within the next month or two.

0 votes
Jozef Kotlár
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 5, 2013

IMHO, there are always some bugs in behaviour...

... and the nature (almost) doesn't care.

;-)

Suggest an answer