Behaviour setError() only showing error message every other time

Jordan Packer March 2, 2017

I have a behaviour created that validates a simple Number custom field to make sure it is between 0 and 100. Here's the code I'm using (as a serverside script for the "Percent" field):

def percent = getFieldByName("Percent")

if(percent.getValue()){
    def value = percent.getValue() as double
    if(value < 0 || value > 100){
        percent.setError("This must be a number between 0-100")
    } else {
        percent.clearError()
    }
} else {
    percent.clearError()
}

The script works.... but only every other time. If I continuously enter random invalid values in that field, I can see the error appear and disappear over and over again. I should mention that when I say "it doesn't work" I mean that the error message doesn't appear. The input box is still outlined in red, and if I try to submit the form I am unable to do so and the error message then appears. So it's a minor bug, but an annoying one. Has anybody else seen this? Do you know how to work around it? Am I doing something wrong in my code? Or is it truly a bug and needs an update to the plugin? @Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist]? Can you confirm?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Thanos Batagiannis [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 2, 2017

Hi Jordan,

This is a known issue and actually it will be fixed in the next release (hopefully very soon). You can start watching the development issue SRJIRA-2136 for updates. 

regards, Thanos

Jordan Packer March 3, 2017

Thanks for the heads up! Looking forward to the update.

0 votes
Sachin Dhamale
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 2, 2017

Remove the first  IF-ELSE condition because of this error message appear and disappear again and again

Jordan Packer March 3, 2017

That first if-else statement is there in order to check for null values.... I don't think that's causing the issue. Sounds like it is indeed a bug (according to Thanos' answer). Thanks for trying, though.

Suggest an answer