Behaviour setError() only showing error message every other time

I have a behaviour created that validates a simple Number custom field to make sure it is between 0 and 100. Here's the code I'm using (as a serverside script for the "Percent" field):

def percent = getFieldByName("Percent")

if(percent.getValue()){
    def value = percent.getValue() as double
    if(value < 0 || value > 100){
        percent.setError("This must be a number between 0-100")
    } else {
        percent.clearError()
    }
} else {
    percent.clearError()
}

The script works.... but only every other time. If I continuously enter random invalid values in that field, I can see the error appear and disappear over and over again. I should mention that when I say "it doesn't work" I mean that the error message doesn't appear. The input box is still outlined in red, and if I try to submit the form I am unable to do so and the error message then appears. So it's a minor bug, but an annoying one. Has anybody else seen this? Do you know how to work around it? Am I doing something wrong in my code? Or is it truly a bug and needs an update to the plugin? @Jamie Echlin [Adaptavist]? Can you confirm?

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi Jordan,

This is a known issue and actually it will be fixed in the next release (hopefully very soon). You can start watching the development issue SRJIRA-2136 for updates. 

regards, Thanos

Thanks for the heads up! Looking forward to the update.

Remove the first  IF-ELSE condition because of this error message appear and disappear again and again

That first if-else statement is there in order to check for null values.... I don't think that's causing the issue. Sounds like it is indeed a bug (according to Thanos' answer). Thanks for trying, though.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Julia Dillon
Posted Tuesday in Jira

Tell us how your team runs on Jira!

Hey Atlassian Community! Today we are launching a bunch of customer stories about the amazing work teams, like Dropbox and Twilio, are doing with Jira. You can check out the stories here. The thi...

175 views 1 17
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you