Behaviour Read only

Uday Karthik Yadlapalli October 13, 2014

I am using Behaviours plug-in. I have added a new behaviour to make custom fields read-only when the user is not the reporter.

But, when i log in as a different user, to test if it was working, and i click on an issue, i can still find the edit option when i hover over a custom field. And i can still edit the data.

4 answers

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2014

What version are you using, an issue like this was fixed recently.

Uday Karthik Yadlapalli October 16, 2014

JIRA v6.3.6a Script Runner Version: 3.0.6 I think i am using the latest Version of the Plugin. Please Advise.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 16, 2014

the mouse over hover should be disabled. All browsers or one in particular?

I am using Chrome to create the issue and using Mozilla Firefox to login as a different user.

I just tried it again using the same browser. And i can still see the mouse over hover edit.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 13, 2014

Please use the correct tags.

0 votes

And the other weird thing i noticed is, when i login as another user and click on an issue, i can hover and see the edit symbol and if i click on it i can edit the data.

But if i click on the edit which is in the top left in the menu, it opens the issue and there the fields are grayed out  and the behaviour is working properly. Then when i make no changes and close it, I do not find the edit symbol even if i hover over the fields and it says inline edit is disabled. So, then it is working as i intended it to.

But, if i refresh the page, it is back to normal and i can edit data.

is it a Bug ??

I can upload the screenshots if that will help.

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 13, 2014
  1. Make sure you have that different user does not have the same permissions in the permission scheme as you.
  2. Also check the project roles which should be defined in permission schemes as well.

I created a Behaviour so that only the Reporter can edit the data once issue is created.

I have used Read-only, Except when User is reporter.

Yet, when i login as another user with Adminstrative privileges, i am able to edit it.
If the behaviour is working it should not allow anyone else to edit right.

Suggest an answer