Beginners Help with filters

Mike Allen April 15, 2014

Hello,

I am new here and I am trying to configure my Dashboard. Ideally, I would like two customized gadgets on my dashboard:

1) First Gadget: The 'Assigned to Me' gadget, but customized to also include those that I am watching and those issues I havve started. This is a nice summary but, I do not see how I can filter it according to the criteria listed herein.

2) The 'Activity Stream' gadget that shows the gory detail of who is doing what to whom using the same filters as above (assigned to me, issues I am watching, and issues I started) PLUS all issues in my Marketing Project (yes, I am a marketing person trying to use Jira).

Getting the two gadgets desired ('Assigned to Me' and 'Activity Stream' to appear in the Dashboard is simple, but I need some guidance to configure them as described. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

Mike

3 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2014

1. Create a filter for " (assignee = currentuser() or reporter = currentuser() or watchedissues()) and resolution = unresolved", save the filter, and use it in a "filter results" gadget. The assigned to me gadget has its filter predefined, and it's not worth trying to change it when you can use the filter results instead

2. The activity stream is less configurable at the moment, and not expected to be looking at filters. I don't think you're going to get far with that, it's not really what they're intended for.

Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2014

On the second point - The activity stream support limited filter functionality but I'm not sure you'll be able to get what you desire

On the first point:

Add filter results gadget with the following JQL

assignee = admin OR watcher in (admin) OR (status = "In Progress" AND assignee=admin)

Tsol
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2014

Hello,

regarding the first gadget you have to use filter results gadget in your dashboard. This gadget uses the results from a saved filter that you or another jira user has created. If by "issues i have started" you mean the issues that you have started progress, filter in advanced mode should be like:

assignee = currentUser() or watcher = currentUser()

regarding the Activity stream you have to apply filters to Activity streams by editing it. The applicable filters are username that you want to see in activity stream, project, issuekey and upadated date.

You can find usefull info here as well.

Hope that helps.

0 votes
Mike Allen April 15, 2014

Thanks all... this helped!

0 votes
Paresh Gandhi
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 15, 2014

project = marketing project AND (assignee = currentUser() or reporter = currentUser() or watcher = currentUser() )

i hope above filter helps you.

You can create this filter and use as quick find in gadget

Suggest an answer