• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • Because of the nature of our data (private) I was wondering if there is any way to turn the feature off "Share with Customer" or to at a minimum have it always default to “Comment internally”.

Because of the nature of our data (private) I was wondering if there is any way to turn the feature off "Share with Customer" or to at a minimum have it always default to “Comment internally”.

Kevin Quinlan October 13, 2015

Reaching out today as we’d had some questions in regards to the newly implemented “Share with customer” and “Comment internally” feature for comments in a Service Desk Project.

Based on my research it appears that the behavior is tied to the project role of Service Desk Customers. The group seems to allow clients to opportunity to enter Service Desk items and in-turn view any comments that have been labeled as share with customer. We don’t currently use the role so it doesn’t appear that we have any have exposure. However we are worried there could be a potential issue down the road if we decided to ever use the role as the information we deal with on a daily basis is not appropriate to show to customers and needs to remain internal.

Because of the nature of the data (private) I was wondering if there is any way to turn the feature off or to at least have it always default to “Comment internally”. Based on JIRA Security recommendations I’ve created an Issue Security scheme and made the Security Level Private for anyone however I’m unsure as to whether that will solve the issue. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
moudrick January 27, 2016

What I am trying now to avoid accidental "Share with customer" is disabling

- Administration
- Manage add-ons
- JIRA Service Desk
- xxx of yyy modules enabled
- service-desk-comment-field
- disable

It just disables Service Desk features for comment field and returns back standard JIRA comments

Described here for previous versions of Jira
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Respond+to+Customer+and+Internal+Comment+tabs+missing+from+comment+in+Service+Desk

0 votes
Kevin Quinlan October 14, 2015

Yes, another feature we'd like to disable. Is it possible to turn it off?

0 votes
Cian Leahy October 14, 2015

Do you have the annoying default text in every comment where it says Hi {reporter} and puts your name in as a signature?

Suggest an answer