• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • Because of the nature of our data (private) I was wondering if there is any way to turn the feature off "Share with Customer" or to at a minimum have it always default to “Comment internally”.

Because of the nature of our data (private) I was wondering if there is any way to turn the feature off "Share with Customer" or to at a minimum have it always default to “Comment internally”.

Reaching out today as we’d had some questions in regards to the newly implemented “Share with customer” and “Comment internally” feature for comments in a Service Desk Project.

Based on my research it appears that the behavior is tied to the project role of Service Desk Customers. The group seems to allow clients to opportunity to enter Service Desk items and in-turn view any comments that have been labeled as share with customer. We don’t currently use the role so it doesn’t appear that we have any have exposure. However we are worried there could be a potential issue down the road if we decided to ever use the role as the information we deal with on a daily basis is not appropriate to show to customers and needs to remain internal.

Because of the nature of the data (private) I was wondering if there is any way to turn the feature off or to at least have it always default to “Comment internally”. Based on JIRA Security recommendations I’ve created an Issue Security scheme and made the Security Level Private for anyone however I’m unsure as to whether that will solve the issue. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

3 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
0 votes

What I am trying now to avoid accidental "Share with customer" is disabling

- Administration
- Manage add-ons
- JIRA Service Desk
- xxx of yyy modules enabled
- service-desk-comment-field
- disable

It just disables Service Desk features for comment field and returns back standard JIRA comments

Described here for previous versions of Jira
https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Respond+to+Customer+and+Internal+Comment+tabs+missing+from+comment+in+Service+Desk

Do you have the annoying default text in every comment where it says Hi {reporter} and puts your name in as a signature?

Yes, another feature we'd like to disable. Is it possible to turn it off?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

24,730 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you