Batching notification Jira vs Jira Service Desk

Deleted user March 14, 2019

We are using both Jira as Jira Service Desk. Last weekend, we upgraded to the latest versions of both Jira as Jira Service Desk (server edition).

The batching of e-mails is nice for Jira, but it is not nice for Jira Service Desk, because it results in getting notified too late on Incidents.

I found out that it's not possible to configure this per project, this is really not convenient. More people experiencing this problem?

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2019

Hello Ronnie,

I hope you had a great weekend!

Per your description, I believe that you are talking about tickets notifications (Create, edit, resolve, etc). Is that correct?

Issue related notifications for Service Desk Agent and customers can be configured in a per-project basis.

To configure your internal notifications, you can navigate to your project's sidebar, select Project settings Notifications.

To configure your customer notifications, you can navigate to your project's sidebar, select Project settings > Customer Notifications. 

You can check more details about the SD notification differences on the section "How different roles receive notifications" of the documentation below:

Managing Service Desk notifications

If that is not what you are talking about, could you please specify to us what kind of emails notifications you are referring to? 

Also, can you please elaborate a little bit more about this:

The batching of e-mails is nice for Jira, but it is not nice for Jira Service Desk, because it results in getting notified too late on Incidents

What kind of notifications you are not receiving on time? Could you give us some example with screenshots?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events