Based on Issue Type How to automatically assign an Issue to a particular user

Prasad Andrews September 6, 2017

Here is an example of what am looking to achieve:

Issue Type: Design Change- Automatically AssignAssignee: andrews.e

If someone creates the issue with the Issue type (Design Change) then it will automatically be assigned to - andrews.e

For Design Change issue type I have a separate workflow. So edited the workflow and added the Post Function - Update Issue Field. Please find the below snapshots.

WhatsApp Image 2017-09-06 at 5.17.59 PM.jpegWhatsApp Image 2017-09-06 at 5.16.22 PM.jpeg

I have added the post-functions and performed reindex. After that, I created the issue with my issue type (Design Change/Update) by default it's assigned to Project Lead.

Could you please suggest me on this....

Its bit urgent requirement -- Am using JIRA v 7.3.7

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 6, 2017

Hi Andrews,

you have to set the assignee in the first step:

image.pngThis works for us.

Prasad Andrews September 6, 2017

Thank you Thomas.

Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 7, 2017

You're welcome :-)

If you think your question is answered, please mark it as answered. With such a marker, other user may find answered questions more easy.

Thank you.

Prasad Andrews October 18, 2017

Hi @Thomas Schlegel,

I have added the post function -> Stores update to an issue. under Assignee of the issue. Now it's working as expected.

Stores.PNGRegards,

Eda

Suggest an answer