Basecamp2 to JIRA migration

Manohar Goli (Dnfcs)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2017

Hi There, 

Did any one attempt to migrate basecamp data to JIRA??

Cheers

Manohar 

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 16, 2017

Hi Manohar,

At this time, import from Basecamp is not possible, since our Importers add-on accepts the CSV form, and Basecamp is offering XML and HTML.

You may have already discovered this in your research, but I thought I'd pass along the information in case other users stumble across this page.

If you or anyone else manages to get the data from Basecamp into a CSV file and successfully import it to Jira, please do update here with the steps you followed to do so.

Kind Regards,
Shannon

Manohar Goli (Dnfcs)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2018

@Shannon S we have developed a solution to migrate data from basecamp to JIRA. Thank you for your note. Incase any one would like to try it our engineering team can support. 

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 5, 2018

Sure Manohar, 

Thank you for letting us know! If there are any tips you'd like to share here please do in case other users would like to migrate from Basecamp.

Regards,
Shannon

Steven Alvarado June 29, 2018

@Manohar Goli (Dnfcs), is it possible you could share your solution please?

Manohar Goli (Dnfcs)
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 29, 2018

@Steven Alvarado please share your email ID or drop an email manohar.goli@dnfcs.com i can connect you with our engineer who developed that solution. 

Steven Alvarado June 29, 2018

Thanks! I'll send you an email.

Suggest an answer