Base URL update not propagating to plugin

Chip Stone June 9, 2013

After changing the Base URL for our installation, we began receiving security ceritifcate errors in client-side apps (eg Visual Studio Connector). The only detailed error message indicated "server certificate is not trusted" for https://<old-servername>/images/genericissue.gif?.... (The old server name still works as an alias for this server, otherwise this would have resulted in "server not found" errors.)

Eventually, after some digging in the database, I found the issuetype table. The ICONURL field for most of the rows is a relative path (/images/icons/____.gif), but five rows contain absolute paths. The DESCRIPTION field on these rows all begin "For Go2Group SYNAPSE...."

I've submitted this to the developer as a bug report.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Chip Stone June 10, 2013

The eventual fix was to replace the absolute paths in the issuetype table with their relative equivalents. After bounicng Tomcat, the errors in the connector stopped. This has been reported to Go2Group support.

0 votes
Chip Stone June 9, 2013

I'm in the process of attempting to resolve this manually. Initially, I attempted to remove the plugin and reinstall it, hoping it would regenerate the "bad" data. However, after removal, the related rows remained in the issuetype table. Reinstalling does not overwrite the fields with the correct absolute URLs, so I'm going to just modify the values directly.

Suggest an answer