Bamboo deployment to trigger JIRA status change

Casey FitzGerald February 20, 2015

Is it possible to have a deployment done through Bamboo trigger a status change in JIRA? Right now we need to manually transition tickets to indicate that they have been deployed to our production environment. Bulk editing makes this easier but automation would be even better.

7 answers

4 votes
Hans-Hermann Hunfeld September 7, 2015

Hi there,

i´ve got the same question here as we do not want to manually update a JIRA issue when it is deployed to a certain environment.

Let´s have an example:

2015-09-07 15_41_26-[CRM-568] User Authorization for the backend - JIRA.jpg

This issue was deployed to Dev and Test environment by Bamboo. As soon as it´s available on Test we would like to inform our testers by updating the issue status to "Ready for Test". I tried to get some info from Atlassian documentation but the pages are insufficient or missing content (like this page).

What is the best way to do this? Trigger in JIRA or anything added in Bamboo Deployment or Build plan? JIRA Automation or even JIRA transition property?
Currently i´m quite surprised that we do not find anything regarding this topic as this should be a quite common use case...

Any help is welcome!

Best regards,
Hans-Hermann

2 votes
Paul Westhoff March 4, 2019

This would be a nice feature to have.  Why not integrate Bamboo with your other product offerings??

2 votes
Fabio Scavone May 16, 2018

Is there an update to this? It would greatly simplify our workflow.

1 vote
Greg Polito September 15, 2015

I too have this question....is there not an answer?

1 vote
Jaime S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 9, 2015

Hi, Casey.

According to this documentation, if the deploy contains a commit with a message containing a JIRA issue (linking this way), the deployment information should be visible in the issue. I don't know if triggering transitions is possible.

This doesn't do exactly what you wanted, but may be useful in this situation.

Kind regards,
Jaime Kirch da Silveira
Atlassian Cloud Support

0 votes
Yaron Norani October 13, 2020

Hi, 

Is there any solution for that item? 

Maybe the new releases support it? 

0 votes
Josh Tanberg January 30, 2019

Still would love to see an answer to this. After builds, tests, successful deployment, I would love to see us be able to move a Jira task to DONE.

Suggest an answer