Bamboo compatibility table

Deleted user March 14, 2013

Greetings dear community,

After spending time on the Atlassian website, I couldn't find the information I wanted.

I have a JIRA v4.4.1 and I want to install and integrate Bamboo with it (in order to interface it with Git).

For now, I was able to figure out which Bamboo Plug-In version to use in JIRA, but couldn't find the same information about the Bamboo version of the product itself. (except that Bamboo v4.4.1 requieres JIRA v5 in order to be fully functional and that the v3.2 is the first version to support Git)

Do you know where I can find a compatibility table, instead of installing all the versions, in order to find which one will do it?

Thanks for you attention.

Fabien.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sultan Maiyaki
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2013

Hi Fabien,

Firstly, the JIRA Bamboo plugin is a JIRA installed plugin that handles most of the actions such as linking JIRA issue to a build or releasing a version to trigger a build.

Secondly, the communication between Bamboo and JIRA is established is done via the application links which is something introduced starting in Bamboo 3.1 an above and in JIRA 4.4 and above. So as long as you are using Bamboo 3.1 with JIRA greater than 4.4, it should be fine.

For more information read the setion before you begin

Deleted user March 14, 2013

Hi Sultan,

First, thanks for your answer.

In addition to your answer, let me add this :

I've tried JIRA 4.4.1 with Bamboo 4.4.1, but for some features, it requires JIRA 5.x. (linking Jira Issue to a Bamboo Plan for example).

After spending time to search, I'm now testing Bamboo 3.4.5 and so far, I don't have compatibiliy messages.

Have a nice day, Sultan.

Cheers.

F.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events