Bamboo Responsibility Process

John Bowker February 17, 2014

At the moment the Responible user function works on a per build basis.

Is there anyway to assign someone to a specific failing task and have that user responsible until a task passes?

Essentially this is building a process around responsible users and how to manage issues.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
ssetayeshfar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2014

Hello John,

I think you can configure this by using the pre-post build command runner: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.sysbliss.bamboo.plugins.prepost-build-command

Have you tried it already?

John Bowker February 19, 2014

I looked at that plugin recently but it didn't support v5.3 but I now I see that it does; which is a pleasant surprise :)

I'll install the plugin and implement a process around that.

Thanks very much Sepideh.

WP February 5, 2015

Sepideh or John, Did either of you get this working? I can't get the Bamboo variables into the curl command. It creates a ticket with the variable names and not the actually variables. {code} curl -D- -X POST -u "bamboo_user":"password" -H "Content-Type: application/json" -d '{ "fields": { "project": { "key": "BBT" }, "summary": "${bamboo.planName} - ${bamboo.buildNumber}", "description": "Link to the failed build:\n${bamboo.resultsUrl}", "issuetype": { "name": "Issue" }}}' https://jira.domain.com/rest/api/2/issue/ {code} Thanks

0 votes
John Bowker February 18, 2014

Hi Sepideh

I think the simplest way to put it is; how can I assign someone to a failing Job and have that Responsibility persist thru builds until that Job passes?

Is there a way to create a Jira issue automatically once Responsibility has been assigned?

0 votes
ssetayeshfar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2014

Hello John,

Are you breaking your tasks into stages? How are you planning to retrive the specific task that caused the build to fail to assign a user to it? Can you please provide more details bout what you are trying to achieve and the use case scenario for this?

Thanks.

Best,

Sepideh

Suggest an answer