Bamboo-Jira Integration fails to parse key

Robert Donaldson August 14, 2014

JIRA 6.1.1 & Bamboo 5.6

Bamboo is not correctly parsing JIRA key. Project Jira Key is MCU32_VAL-xxxx, however Bamboo parses the key as VAL-xxxx. I've tested this in branch names, labels, and comments.

Does anyone know a work around, other than changing our JIRA key from MCU32_VAL to VAL. We have several Atlassian products integrated and it would be a nightmare to change the keys at this point.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2014

Seems you are unlucky, and will have to change the project key in jira to default format. At least remove the underscrore symbol from the list of allowed symbols.

Please see that https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-5776the feature request on that was cancelled.

Alexey_Rjeutski__Polontech_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2014
0 votes
Robert Donaldson September 1, 2014

Thanks for your help, I've migrated my key, which was less painful than I feared.

Suggest an answer