Bamboo: How to create a generic task that can be used by more than 1 project/plan

Avner Hartuv December 23, 2012

Hi

Like any other administrator i find myself wring same task in more than 1 project/plan. the task do almost the same in all plans with minor changes.

Can i create a task that can be used as a function by multiple plans that control it with argument?

In case you are familier with ElectricCommander, I am referring to the same functionality as Sub-Procedure.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Bryce Johnson December 25, 2012

The answer is no, unfortunately.

Being able to "copy" a task from one plan to the next while saving it's attributes/contents would be indeed terrific. It's a great feature request.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/BAM-9858

is set to minor so I don't think it will get much visibility nor does it have much info.

You could also develop your own bamboo task that is easier to customise. Leveraging global variables can also help in this matter. Neither of these comes close to the power of saving and copying existing tasks like we want. I've been asking for this also.

Avner Hartuv December 25, 2012

Thanks for the answer.

Still, there is no perfect world :-)

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 24, 2012

Is this for Bamboo? Can you label the question appropriately?

Suggest an answer