Backup when stored in cloud?

Abraham_Georges October 4, 2017

Hi,

Can someone give me an accurate reply when it comes to backup when stored in the cloud? I dont store it on my server but Jiras server so how does this backup thing work? Do you guys do manual backups or safely stored in Jira server? What can be backed up? How does it work?

2 answers

0 votes
Abraham_Georges October 4, 2017

What is the difference between Confluence and Applications? I know its a newbie question.

How do you export your data? Also can the exported data be imported if ever needed? If so, how?

Big thanks!

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2017

Confluence is effectively one of the "Applications" (not apps) that Atlassian talk about.

The export from Cloud that Ben downloads regularly can be used to create other Cloud systems, and it can be used to build Server systems (you host them, rather than Atlassian, and the Application is slightly different), although that can be quite a hard process at times.

Abraham_Georges October 5, 2017

So how do I actually perform the download from the application that Jira hosts for me? I dont host anything with Jira.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2017

Jira is an issue tracker, not a "host".    I'm not sure what you are thinking about here.

But the download is simple - see https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiracloud/exporting-issues-776636787.html

Abraham_Georges October 5, 2017

I used the wrong word. Will check out the link, thanks.

0 votes
bhills October 4, 2017

There is some information here about Atlassian Cloud backups which may be of use:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/data-storage-faq-873871367.html#DatastorageFAQ-Howoftenisdatabackedup

I've always been of the opinion that it is best to have more than one backup strategy so I often use the export option to download a manual backup of our instance as well.

Suggest an answer