Backup Service not Working anymore

Carsten Gellert September 4, 2015

Hi Guys!

I just have a quick question: i put in a service to automatically back up JIRA everyday. This service was working until 1 month ago just fine, but now there are no more backups and I cant even manually backup the system. It says that there should be a file under var/opt/... but there isnt. I am at my wits end with this, so has anyone an idea? Thanks a lot in advance!

Kind Regards

3 answers

1 vote
lavitz slambert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 4, 2015

What happens when you check the atlassian-JIRA.log? Do you see any out of memory erros?

If yes then try increasing the memory JIRA is using as per this page.

Also it worth checking this second KB to validate if the service parameter is correct.

Lastly let us know how it goes wink.

Thanks and Regards,

Lavitz - the guy that uses Confluence on Windows as a Hobby!
0 votes
Carsten Gellert September 10, 2015

Hi all!

Thanks for your support! Is there a way to include a log file here? Or can I just Copy&Paste it? Cause maybe that might help a little...well not me, but you guys to help me =) Thx!

lavitz slambert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2015

Try to copy and paste any stack traces you get after you shoot the manual backup or upload the logs into a drop box and paste in here the link. Thanks and Regards, Lavitz - the guy that uses Confluence on Windows as a Hobby!

0 votes
Pilar
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2015

Check if you have enough disk space available. If there is not enough diskspace then this service can fail.

Next to check is for Out of memory logs, if you find then increase your memory for server and reserve additional memory for JIRA isntance. For medium size JIRA instances xml backups are not recommended rather a backup using DB tools should be done.

Pilar

Suggest an answer