Backup/Restore web issue links

dan7p September 15, 2015

HI

I have an JIRA cloud instance the has several hundred backlog items. about 50% have web links attached to them. We need to move the project to an internal JIRA system, however when I take a backup the web links arn't included in the back. The link is also missing from the activity history.

I have tried to take a CSV and that only includes links to other JIRA issues.

Iv seen this bug https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-34362 but want to know if there is another way to get the links.

3 answers

0 votes
teilor_soares
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2015

Hello Chris! Atlassian Answers is a open forum, specially dedicated to users to post questions and get help from other users and Atlassians employees which are part of the community :) To get a more personal assistance I would recommend you to open a ticket with our support team in support.atlassian.com, where you can share data e more details about your JIRA instance.

0 votes
Chris Astley September 21, 2015

Hi Teilor,

Thanks for getting back to Dan so quickly. He works in my team here at KPMG and is on vacation this week so I'm picking this up for him.

We checked the XML backup and this doesn't appear to contain the Web Links either.

Please could you advise a workaround for this as it is preventing us from successfully backing up our data from the hosted version of JIRA and restoring to our own.

I notice that the original bug was first identified over 2 years ago. This seems an awfully long time for any bug to be in existence, let alone one which actually prevents successful backups of our data and would render any DR process redundant.

Is there any other way of getting our data to us other than the standard backup methods as all of these appear to share the same bug?

Please note that this is a critical issue for us - we have a regulatory requirement to remove our data from a cloud-hosted solution into one which we control and this bug is preventing that. Your assistance is greatly appreciated in helping us to resolve this!

Kind regards

Chris.

0 votes
teilor_soares
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2015

Hello!

Unfortunately there is no workaround for this bug yet.

I think the best way to put back the links in the instance would be get them from the XML backup and use the JIRA rest API to put them in the new instance programatically using the RemoteLink method.

Of course this would involve some work to extract the links and create the necessary scripts.

--Teilor

Suggest an answer