It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Backup JIRA without access to the host

Ziggi Feb 18, 2014

I no longer have access to the machine hosting JIRA.

Is there a way to backup the issues (and restore them on another machine) without accessing the machine?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev Feb 19, 2014

Try using this plugin - Export Manager for JIRA. It should allow you to download the backup without connecting to the host.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.collabsoft.plugins.jira.jira-export-manager

0 votes
Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Feb 18, 2014

Probably not.

You've not described your setup, so we really can't tell you much. All we can do is give you the principles - you need to get a copy of the database, and you need a copy of the attachments.

With zero useful information about your setup, that's it, nothing else I can say might be useful.

Ziggi Feb 18, 2014

I have installed JIRA on linux machine (JIRA Download). I had a ssh access to the machine to this is how i installed it. But recently I couldn't access it by ssh. So i am looking for some way that can save the issues.

If there is not, maybe an option to export the issues to xml and import from xml?

Nic Brough [Adaptavist] Community Leader Feb 18, 2014

Nope. You can run a full export, but it's going to end up on the file system on the machine you can no longer log into.

You really need to get access back on that machine, sorry.

Suggest an answer

This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
Community showcase
Posted in Jira Software

Demo Den Ep. 5: Meet Jira Mobile

See how to use Jira on the go! Demo Den Episode 5 is here: meet Jira Mobile with  Jira  Product Manager Rayen Magpantay.  Demo Den is in our monthly series where a Jira PM demonstrates...

285 views 1 10
Join discussion

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you