Backup JIRA without access to the host

Ziggi February 18, 2014

I no longer have access to the machine hosting JIRA.

Is there a way to backup the issues (and restore them on another machine) without accessing the machine?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 19, 2014

Try using this plugin - Export Manager for JIRA. It should allow you to download the backup without connecting to the host.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/net.collabsoft.plugins.jira.jira-export-manager

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2014

Probably not.

You've not described your setup, so we really can't tell you much. All we can do is give you the principles - you need to get a copy of the database, and you need a copy of the attachments.

With zero useful information about your setup, that's it, nothing else I can say might be useful.

Ziggi February 18, 2014

I have installed JIRA on linux machine (JIRA Download). I had a ssh access to the machine to this is how i installed it. But recently I couldn't access it by ssh. So i am looking for some way that can save the issues.

If there is not, maybe an option to export the issues to xml and import from xml?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2014

Nope. You can run a full export, but it's going to end up on the file system on the machine you can no longer log into.

You really need to get access back on that machine, sorry.

Suggest an answer