Backlog in kanban board

Deleted user September 29, 2017

We are going to have academic version of jira soon, but I cannot find backlog in kanban board on current jira server 7.3.2, so wonder how can I enable it for a demonstration.

Cloud version - no problem. 

Thank you in advance.

Quan

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user October 5, 2017

always amazed that why we cannot go latest version since we are becoming licensed client of jira :-(

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2017

You can.

As long as your licence is current.  You can go as high as the last version released before the end of your licence.

Deleted user October 17, 2017

Thank you, Nic.   I will keep that in mind and plan for upgrade in the future.  The problem is our vendor (not Atlassian, but another company in India)  won't upgrade to latest version without another SOW (extra money),  so it is all depending on whom you are dealing with.  :-) 

No, this vendor I mentioned didn't mention any discount on renewals, but just asking for more money for upgrade if we want the latest version.  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 17, 2017

The software is covered by the licence.

The physical costs of humans doing the upgrade are not.

You'll need to look at that.  Personally, I'd be looking at getting a proper provider on-board, one that is Atlassian-familiar and offers regular upgrades as part of the package.

0 votes
Sergio Betterelli _ACP-JA _ ACP-JSW_ __ September 29, 2017

Hi Quan,

Use Jira 7.4 (7.4.4 at the moment) for that feature.

Thank you, Sergio, is that feature only available starting server 7.4 ?  

Quan

Officially I should say YES. But you can also  enable it in your version from:

http://yourserveraddres/secure/SiteDarkFeatures!default.jspa

adding this string:

com.atlassian.jira.agile.darkfeature.kanplan.enabled

:)

I did what you taught me, but no luck on our current site, should I do anything extra to make it happen?   Like restart the server ? or this workaround only applied onto 7.4 +  ? 

Should be better to upgrade to the 7.4+, if you cannot upgrade at the moment please add the string and then restart Jira. Be sure to add the correct status in the Board Columns configuration  for the Kanban Backlog Column

Deleted user October 2, 2017

Thank you very much, Sergio.  I will discuss with vendor to upgrade our server version before we finalize UAT for us to sign off. :-) 

We need that feature after all. 

Q

Always my pleasure Quan :)

Deleted user October 5, 2017

vendor asking for more money, so we kind of stay with 7.3.2 for now. I wonder if our license can entitle us to free upgrade so we can have that on production, but not by this vendor, any suggestion ? 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2017

The only vendor of Atlassian software is Atlassian.

Re-sellers might get you a small discount on renewals, but you'll still be buying from Atlassian.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events