Back up of JIRA for On Demand

Barham Ahlawat May 22, 2013

Hi there,

I am new to JIRA and want to clearly understand the Back Up mechanism.

Firstly,I guess the current JIRA I am using is On Demand(because it has URL coming from JIRA and not any local IP address in my domain...so I may be correct).

Secondly, If it is a remote application and I am using on demand, does that means JIRA is having a back up mechanism for application/data both?

Thirdly, If JIRA is having/not having a back up mechanism , what is the best way to backup projects/issues used in my site?

(I read somewhere- we need two files- one for back up of issues and another for attachments?)

I would really appreciate is someone can explain the exact process.

3 answers

0 votes
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 22, 2013

Hi Barham,

Just to add on to what Harry mentioned, you can check out the restroation process here.

0 votes
Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2013

If you are on OnDemand, there is automatic daily backups. This is taken care of behind the scenes for you. If you are not. Ask whoever's reponsible :)

0 votes
Barham Ahlawat May 22, 2013

Thanks Harry.

Yes, I am using OnDemand.

Any idea about the restore mechanism?

(Consider I will be handling JIRA administration duties at my site).

Harry Chan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2013

Hi, take a read of https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/AOD/About+Your+Data for more information.

Suggest an answer