BI JIRA Reports with MS Reporting Services 2008

Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2012

Hi,

Related to my previous question about emailing BI reports from JIRA I was wondering if anyone has integrated JIRA 4.4.4 with any BI solutions using Microsoft Reporting Services 2008 and if there were any assets, hints, tips, gotchas or how-tos you could share?

Has anyone mapped the JIRA 4.4.4 schema to a data warehouse star schema or snowflake schema? Or created a SSAS Cube that they could share?

I'm looking at a requirement for self-service BI report creation and subscription of reports based on data in JIRA and I have two main options:

1. Customize JIRA to create and subscribe to BI reports directly within JIRA
2. Add JIRA as a data source to an existing, bespoke BI solution built using Microsoft Reporting Services 2008

I'm favouring option 2 over option 1 and have been asked to ask if anyone has done anything similar with MS Reporting Services that could give us a jump start and/or help us avoid any dead ends in going the MS Reporting Services route.

Thanks,

Andrew.

3 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Raimonds Simanovskis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2012

Not directly related to MS Reporting Services but there is alternative business intelligence as a service application eazyBI which has standard integration with JIRA. eazyBI imports JIRA data into internal data warehouse star schema and then provides easy to use multidimensional analysis user interface to create reports, charts and dashboards. Please try it out :)

Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 26, 2012

Thanks Raimonds.

I'm aware of eazyBI, but the specific requirement I've been given is to use MS Reporting Services. I was hoping that someone may have previously integrated JIRA with MS Reporting Services so that we could shortcut some of the integration, but it's looking like eazyBI and InstantOPLA are the two solutions that feature most prominently.

Cheers,

Andrew.

0 votes
Andrew Frayling
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 22, 2012

Closing this question as the requirement was specifically MS Reporting Services 2008 and it looks like no-one has experience of using JIRA with that.

0 votes
sdfewsdgwe August 24, 2012

Was a spam entry so deleting text.

Suggest an answer