BCC recipients in outgoing email

Jacques
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 15, 2013

hi,

In the configuration of "Email This Issue Plugin" it is possible to specify people in CC.

Is there any way to configure for recipients to be in bcc?

thanks,

Jacques.

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 28, 2013

Hi Jacques, please open the Configuration tab, scroll to the bottom of the page and tick the option: "Enable BCC recipients". This will make sure that you can enter BCC recipients in the various screens.

Tibor

Jacques
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 29, 2013

OK! found it! :)

As mentioned in another issue I would think it wise to think about a way to configure "post-function" options differently than human interface options. Things I like post functions to do (like send BCC mails) might not be what I want end users to be able to do.

Just a thought...

As always: thanks for your help!

Jacques.

0 votes
Jacques
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 28, 2013

hi Tibor, I've just downloaded the latest version (5.3.0.2) and I see that in the general configuration there is now the option to add people or "roles" as BCC.

Nevertheless I'm looking to have BCC in the "Configure Notification Event" page. I only want to use BCC in specific cases (like post-events). Is that something that is still being worked on, or isn't this going to be implemented?

thanks,

Jacques.

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 11, 2013

BCC support is implemented, and will be released soon in 5.3.

0 votes
Tibor Hegyi _META-INF_
Marketplace Partner
July 15, 2013

Hi Jacques,

BCC is coming soon, please watch this issue to get updates on the progress.

Regards,

Tibor

Suggest an answer