Avoid changing components field

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2014

Hi

On JIRA we use components to assign work to different teams.

Recently we observed that users are deliberately changing the components in order to improve their team's reporting statistics.

How can we avoid this scenario?

I understand with behaviors plugin i can make components field read only for our end users but behaviors plugin is buggy (even if you make it readonly, you can edit the read only field using keyboard shortcuts)

Rahul

1 answer

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2014

Recently we observed that users are deliberately changing the components in order to improve their team's reporting statistics.

That's odd, especially when these things are captured in change logs!

Anyways, have you considered putting them only on Create screen and maybe also in selected workflow screens?

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 1, 2014

Hi Jobin

Yes i have considered as an option.

I am also considering the option of capturing the component modifications with emails with a different subject , is anything possible on these lines?

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2014

Not without throwing custom events and writing custom email templates. Some dev work involved.

Suggest an answer